Director of Product Development
Job ID: 923 Category: Engineering/R&D/Science
Director of Product Development – Cincinnati, OH
Lunova Group is currently recruiting for a Director of Product Development for our client near Cincinnati, OH. This individual will be responsible for the development of refractory products and services that facilitate increases in product volumes, margins, and profits. This individual will also help to organize and systematize the lab operations.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of monolithic refractories. Competitive compensation and strong relocation package are available for the right individual.
Are you innovative, a strong leader, and have a background in refractories? Then we want to speak with you. Read on for more details…
Director of Product Development Responsibilities include:
- Increase and improve company portfolio of products in current product focus and other synergistic products or services.
- Identify and create new ideas within the department to improve efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Manage focused projects for both short term opportunities and long term, dynamic, company changing initiatives.
- Explore new ideas and markets to help achieve long term growth.
- Establish tactical partnerships with outside partners, such as consultant, suppliers, customers, associations, etc.
- Communicate with Sales & Marketing management to assure focused corporate effort. Work with the company sales team to uncover specific technical projects involving end users and contractors.
- Improve and innovate new processes of installation that improve our standing with customers, e.g. dust free, recycled, energy savings, health, safety, environmental, etc.
- Facilitate a department culture of high productivity and efficiency.
Director of Product Development Requirements include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering or material science curriculum, preferably ceramic science, geology, or related field
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a refractory related industry
- Success in a R&D and/or product development setting is preferred
- Project management skills
- Technical competency & experience with refractory raw materials
- Innovation and creativity
Keywords: refractory, monolithic, raw materials, research and development, product development, metal casting, minerals processing, power generation, petrochemical, engineering, ceramics, material science