250 Parkwest Dr Champaign, IL 61820
Automation Engineer – Champaign, IL
Lunova Group is currently seeking a technical Automation Engineer for our client, a global leader in the metals industry. This position will be responsible for the engineering and management of projects involving automation in the steel market. The candidate will be working hands-on in an active manufacturing environment and will have a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
Excellent pay, benefits, and the opportunity for continued career growth within the organization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Automation and Electrical Engineering project planning
- PLC and HMI programming
- Testing of equipment
- Commissioning of equipment and systems
- Customer interfacing to solve technical issues
- Assist sales and R&D teams as needed
Automation Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering/Electrical/Control Systems or related discipline
- 2-4 years' related automation and electrical engineering experience
- Experience with PLC/HMI based control systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to improve your existing knowledge and grow your career, please apply.