Job Number: 1646
Human Resources Manager – (Alpena, MI)
Lunova Group is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for our client, a manufacturer of paneling products, to maintain and enhance the organizations human resources. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices for our client.
Excellent pay, benefits, and the opportunity for continued career growth within the organization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day labor/management issues, including the grievance procedure, facilitating the process with local management and the union local as well as the union international business rep.
- Direct & support hourly payroll processing
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Maintain employee benefits programs
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Perform weekly safety audits in assigned area
- Attends monthly site safety training
Human Resources Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’ degree or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong experience in three or more of the following areas: human resources management, organizational development, change management, process improvement, compensation, staffing, and employee relations.
- Labor Relations & Collective Bargaining experience is required
- Experience in culture transformation is desired