Metallurgical Lab Supervisor
PO Box 14662 Reading, Pennsylvania 19612
Metallurgical Lab Supervisor – Reading, PA
Lunova Group is looking for an experienced Lab Supervisor to join our client, a growing company in the specialty steel industry, located in Eastern Pennsylvania. These high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. The Metallurgical Lab Supervisor will be responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the efforts of mechanical testing within the lab.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Responsibilities of the Met Lab Supervisor include:
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the efforts of mechanical testing in a cost-effective manner that supports both our internal and external customers
- Interfaces with internal technical personnel, customers and outside quality governing bodies to ensure testing is in compliance with industry standards
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies and services
- Update, maintain and write standard operating procedures to support testing methods for all mechanical testing
- Maintain all calibration of equipment needed to perform mechanical testing within the specifications as outlined in the SOP
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Requirements of the Met Lab Supervisor include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in metallurgy, materials science or related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience in industrial manufacturing role
- 5+ years’ experience in supervisory position
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to train and develop other professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, project management skills and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to improve your existing knowledge and grow your career, please apply.