125 Exeter Street Reading, Pennsylvania 19612
Metallurgist – Reading, PA
Lunova Group is looking for a talented Metallurgist to join our client, a growing company in the specialty steel industry, located in Eastern Pennsylvania. These high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. The Metallurgist will provide technical support to manufacturing operations and customer inquiries.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Responsibilities of the Metallurgist Engineer include:
- Interface with customers and operators related to product usage, applications and product development
- Support manufacturing with the daily production of products
- Use statistical tools and problem-solving methodology to address complex issues
- Review specification and purchase order requirements to evaluate capability as well as generate product line-ups
- Review and Disposition of non-standard product and inventory
- Lead and participate in projects to develop or improve products and processes.
- Utilize statistical methods to solve problems and optimize processes.
Requirements of the Metallurgist Engineer include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in metallurgy, materials science or related discipline
- 1-5 year’ s technical experience in specialty alloys (titanium, stainless steels, nickel-based alloy, high temperature, etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bar processing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices
- Problem solving, decision-making, and time management skills required
- Interpersonal skills – ability to provide support and guidance to customers
- Ability to travel when needed
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to improve your existing knowledge and grow your career, please apply.