Technical & Sales Support Engineer
Chicago, IL 60007
Technical & Sales Support Engineer- Chicago, IL
Come join an industry leader that has set the standard of excellence with many of its product lines. Our client is looking for a Technical and Sales Specialist Engineer to join this top performing organization. This individual will be responsible for providing technical service and for maintaining existing business at the designated account. The position will be based in or near the Chicago, IL area.
This position will drive customer satisfaction through good service, opportune use of innovative technology, management of operating expenditures, understanding customer needs and good communication at all levels. In addition to customer satisfaction, the position will be responsible for generating and growing acceptable levels of profit. This position would provide an excellent platform for career growth for the right person.
The main responsibilities of the Technical & Sales Support Engineer will be to:
- Maintain close contact with customer personnel.
- Maintain accurate records of customer interaction.
- Provide timely responses to technical requests.
- Negotiate prices, delivery, etc. with management.
- Perform related sales tasks or special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports for both internal and external publication.
The requirements of the Technical & Sales Support Engineer are:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Automation, Electronics or Instrumentation is preferred. An equivalent degree in a related discipline will be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in automation or electronics.
- Familiarity with industrial manufacturing is preferred.
- General understanding of business and economics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reasonable computer skills (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, etc.).
The successful candidate will receive an excellent benefits package including a competitive base salary, health insurance, and 401K.
Keywords: Product Specialist, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation, Industrial, Industrial Manufacturing, Manufacturing, Electronics, Business, Economics, Technical, Technology.